Alliance News Feed – Indonesia Flooding Update: The Alliance and CAMA Continue Relief Efforts
The Alliance in Indonesia (GKII) and CAMA, the U.S. C&MA’s relief and development arm, continue to assist victims of flooding and landslides in the eastern province of Papua this month. At this writing, at least 114 people have died, with nearly 100 still missing. More than 11,000 have been displaced.
Alliance efforts have focused on distributing water and food and digging out homes. More than 100 volunteers from local churches and CAMA’s Papua United soccer teams are engaged with relief and recovery. An initial $5,000 was received from CAMA for this work.
“The Alliance Bible school (STT Levinus) is digging out, and our team has delivered supplies, tools, and a generator,” an Alliance international worker reported. Temporary shelters at the Alliance-affiliated Hillcrest International School and the GKII youth center are shutting down to encourage people to return to their homes.
Please pray for
- Strength, good health, and patience for workers involved in relief efforts
- God to provide needed supplies, including power tools
- A growing passion among GKII church members for outreach and care for their neighbors
- The ability to find and connect with those most in need
- Opportunities for gospel witness
- The Bible school to be able to rebuild
Source: Alliance News Feed – Indonesia Flooding Update: The Alliance and CAMA Continue Relief Efforts