Alliance News Feed – Paradise Alliance Church Still Standing
Despite the massive devastation caused by the Camp Fire, a fast-moving wildfire that was sparked at approximately 6:30 a.m. Thursday, November 8, the Paradise Alliance Church is still standing. Much of the remaining community has been devastated, as the fire has consumed hundreds of homes and businesses, caused numerous injuries and several reported fatalities, and forced widespread evacuations. By Thursday evening, media outlets were reporting that because of extremely low humidity and high winds, the fire was spreading at the rate of “80 football fields per minute,” leaving little or no time for residents to flee their homes and businesses.
Despite the miraculous sparing of the church, members of the Paradise congregation have lost their homes. They are standing together in support of one another and the rest of the community. The nearby city of Chico has designated the Neighborhood (C&MA) Church as an evacuation center for victims and evacuees.
- for the winds to die down and for the swift containment of the fire
- for those who have lost their homes and possessions, suffered injury, or lost loved ones
- for the safety and protection of the firefighters battling the blaze
- for the Paradise Alliance Church family as they grieve the loss of their building and several of their homes
- for Ray Van Gilst, superintendent of the Central Pacific District, as he shepherds his district pastors and congregations through yet another devastating fire this year
Source: Alliance News Feed – Paradise Alliance Church Still Standing